Friday, May 1, 2015

~ this day ~



2015


2014



2013





2012
 

2011



It's a stunning autumn day today - the sky is that piercing blue you only see in Australia, there's a gentle breeze, the leaves are fluttering to the ground.

I've been for a swim, I've bought some new winter uniform for Lily, I've downloaded our new book club book (Big Little Lies by Liane Moriaty - a Tasmanian writer) to my kindle to take away to the GP conference I'm going to this weekend.  I've opened some lovely mail - a copy of Michelle MacKintosh's book  Snail Mail (which I can't wait to read) and some unexpected and beautiful snail mail from Naomi Bulger (she blogs a lot about snail mail here).   My haircut has been cancelled :-(. I've had one coffee and I feel like I need another. We played pinch and a punch this morning and I lost.  I've folded washing and hung out more.  I've paid a parking fine I got last week when I was chatting to the med students too long after our tute.  I've filled out some forms so I actually get paid for my tutes. 

I've taken a couple of shots of the garden - I think I'll do this on the 1st of every month to document how its changing (or not).

That got me thinking about past May Days and what we've done.  I found these photos in the archives - all dated May 1 and there are some thoughts/words/memories from my journals.

2014  We arrived in Paris on May Day last year. It was thrilling and busy and fun.  Magical memories.  We ate McDonalds for dinner as it was a public holiday and everything else was shut.

2013  I used to create monthly mood boards from the things found in the garden to share on Karin's blog.  We don't have the cotoneaster any more - but I think I could find the rest out there pretty easily.
Jack was in heaven helping our cleaner out in the morning with enormous pink gloves on.  We had a date night and started dry May

2012  Grace danced the maypole dance with her school class as part of a very low key May Day celebration in St David's Park - she was so excited to see herself on the news.  I sent out some hand stitched snail mail love.

2011   Monday morning kinder gym adventures with a 2 1/2 year old
           "me want to go to my gym mummy"
           " no, not that way, walk THIS way"
           "no - don't like that dance.  me only like scarecrow dance"
            "no me don't want Simon to dance, me only want mummy" 

How's your day?


3 comments:

  1. So nice to have a collection of memories in images and words and i love all the little bits that make up a day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are a great way to record our changing seasons and keep track of the beautiful/ordinary days which make up our years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have shown how important it is to record moments especially when you get to look back and see how and what you have done over the years. I hope you are having a wonderful day today. xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day