Monday, November 25, 2013

~ taking stock - me right now ~





It's Monday.
We've bought birthday presents (Lego and a terrarium - 11 year olds are tricky) and had coffee.
We've spent hours waiting for the washing machine man.
We're on our way to school pick up and gym soon.
It's grey outside  - for like the 100th day in a row.
I'm taking stock with Pip.

Making : felt reindeer ornaments to send to new friends as part of a snail mail swap

Cooking : baby meringues for the eldest to take to school for her birthday tomorrow


Drinking : green tea with rose petals  (but I need something stronger after dealing with fisher and paykel about my washing machine all morning)


Reading: Refuge by Jackie French  - Lily just finished it and it sounded like an interesting take on the refugee situation - it is


Wanting: a washing machine that works


Looking: forward to the holidays


Playing: hockey on Sundays


Deciding: trying to decide which camera to take travelling next year - I think the D80 is too big and I'm trying to choose a small mirrorless camera - ?the Fuji XM1


Wishing: I was somewhere warm and sunny


Enjoying: sorting through photos to make photo books and calendars for Christmas


Waiting: for summer


Liking: listening to him practice his 2 lines for the nativity play


Wondering: what to cook for dinner tonight


Loving: the fresh cherries I splurged on this morning


Pondering: the differences between 11 now and 11 when it was me (and the similarities)


Considering: how to make internet rules for an 11 year old that we're both happy with


Watching: hardly any tv - I'm thinking this is a good thing


Hoping: our raspberry crop lives up to our expectations


Marvelling: at the resilience of children


Needing: time alone


Smelling: the roses - literally - they're flourishing at the front door


Wearing:winter boots still!! grrrr


Following: so many interesting blogs that I never get around to catching up with them all


Noticing: I'm spending less time on line and loving it


Knowing: I need to be a good example to my children (see above)


Thinking: there are not enough hours in the day


Feeling: quietly excited about Christmas


Admiring: Quintin Bryce


Buying: chocolate and baking supplies to make Christmas treats


Getting: fitter, slowly but surely


Bookmarking: great Christmas recipes


Opening: lovely snail mail from my IG friends


Giggling: when he says "chinese running" instead of "high knees running" in our 7 minute work out sessions


3 comments:

  1. Hello Kari!
    How are you travelling? Can you believe we're on the cusp of December?
    I thought you might like to know that I am hosting Reverb again this year. It'd be a privilege to have you join us.
    Everything you need to know can be found at: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/reverb13.html
    We kick off on Sunday and it is going to be AMAZING. Hope to see you there!
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to say this the right way? I'm super jealous of people who can make reindeer ornaments and cook baby meringues, buy baking supplies for Christmas treats and play hockey on a Sunday. I just don't think I'll ever be that kind of mother, which is completely fine of course. I just kind of wish I had that kind of mama in me. I day dream of doing those sorts of things, but when it comes down to it I find I'm too distracted or something. Too busy with a toddler and a part time job maybe, who knows. The best I can get to is making made up nut crunch things with puffed grains and macadamias. Never mind baking from a receipe. I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Washing machine issues here too!! Grrr!!! Loved reading your list Ally xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day