Sunday, May 5, 2013

~ school holiday snippets ~










 


Its no secret that I love the school holidays
I relish ditching the scheduled busy-ness and finding our own rhythm for the days.
 
I'm equally happy off exploring somewhere new or pottering at home.
Of course I get frustrated with the bickering and the washing and the endless requests for more food but its a small price to pay for more time with my kids  - they're funny and clever, wise and silly, they amaze me - and not just because I made them.

This time we had a special trip planned.  We were meeting up with some old friends we knew in WA (pre and post the first lot of children).  They drove from Adelaide with their caravan.  We flew and drove and took the easy cabin option with our friends that are family from here too.  
We landed in the caravan park at Anglesea and it was like we'd never been apart.



 



We swam (in the pool and the surf) and spa-ed.  The surf was amazing - pounding and fierce and fabulous.  We walked along beaches that were deserted or crowded with surfers depending on the time of day.   We kayaked, we fished, we talked, we laughed, we ate, we drank.   We did a lot of air time on the giant pillow (a new concept to us Tasmanians).  We reminisced and remembered and laughed some more.

Nothing was planned, time moved more slowly around us.



 


School's back tomorrow.  
Back to a life more organised, time for jobs without interruptions, time for exercise.
Back to  the routines that comfort and bind us in equal measure. 








12 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of school holidays too. Only one more day for us and then back to school. Looks like you had a fantastic break.

    rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel - hope the first day back goes well
      x

      Delete
  2. I love this post.
    The end of the hols is feeling bittersweet here.

    Your holidays look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were...
      Bittersweet is such a good word

      Delete
  3. I'm having post school holidays blues myself! I love the freedom of not having to be anywhere or appropriately dressed either :) Your holiday looks like it was a restful one. I need to take Sunny fishing soon too! All I keep thinking is that we have only 8 more weeks to go until the next set...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the slower pace of holidays too. Your holiday in WA looks delightful. Ours were over weeks ago :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore school holidays too! Your shots are divine. I LOVE the last image xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! We just had a Bank Holiday weekend, the weather was gorgeous and the weekend unfolded around us - with friends, family, food and drink. Makes such a difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first is doing 4 year old kinder this year so holidays are still kinda strange for us, I think they'll have completely new meaning next year when school starts!

    Your holidays look like they were lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful holiday and some great photos to remember it by. Hope all are settling back into routine quite well. It takes a little adjusting to....

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful photos of your holiday, one I'm sure will be remembered with fondness. xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day