Sunday, October 30, 2011

~ from our garden ~

{Cecile Brunner roses in a small milk bottle}

{pear, rocket, pine nut and parmesan salad - only the rocket is ours!}




{fresh lemons - a shared harvest from our tiny tree and mum's huge one}

We enjoyed some fruits of our labours this week.
The sweetest scented roses from the spilling abundance along the fence.
Lemons (our first ever crop this year) made into never-fail Lemon Delicious Pudding from the Perfect recipe book and shared with friends.
Rocket that self seeded and went into a salad for a quick dinner during the week.  (My current favourite salad - fantastic with Kelly's traditional dressing).
Basil shredded on tonight's feast of slow cooked beef ragu (from the latest Donna Hay magazine - it may have been slow-cooked but it was gobbled too fast for photos).
And some little parcels in the post from blog giveaways (although I can't really claim any labours other than commenting) - thank you Megan for the skin care and Posie for the lego.



Do you cook from your garden?  What's your favourite recipe to use your home produce?




6 comments:

  1. You post has me wanting some beautiful pink roses and to come over to your house for dinner and dessert:) Cooking from produce in your garden always makes me smile, it makes you feel a little proud you helped to nourish your family. The other night I made a parsley pesto which is really yummy and plenty leftover for me to have with crackers for lunch and I recently roasted some beetroots too which were yummy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses, lemons and rocket, each wonderful rewards from your garden. Your photos of each are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to grow roses like that, Ally. Beeooutiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so very beautiful! I love all things home grown/home cooked. I can't choose! :) It would be fun if you join my challenge next month. That would mean that you would share spring and summer shots when we have winter ditos. :) So much fun that you also have lemons to harvest now! Have a wonderful week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those roses are divine I can smell them from here, love home grown food they look wonderful my friend. I hope you have a great day.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day